Around the world, bird populations are dropping dramatically. In North America alone, since 1970, the bird population has declined by 3 billion, or 29%. 303 species, like that of the Burrowing Owl pictured here, are in decline, and 90 species have lost half or more of their breeding population.
We humans, of course, have caused the problem, mostly by destroying bird habitat, and only we humans can turn it around.
Will you help us save birds like the Burrowing Owl? You can help by purchasing a Save the Birds subscription.
Where Does the Money Go?
A portion of every dollar (after credit card fees) is spent as follows:
- Science & Education: 25% is donated to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, one of the premier bird science and education organizations in the world
- Habitat Conservation: 25% is donated to Conserve.org to buy and preserve forever a portion of Oregon’s Pueblo and Trout Creek Mountains, home to many bird species including the endangered Burrowing Owl and Greater Sage Grouse
- Advocacy: 50% is used to support Climate Action Now’s citizen advocacy on behalf of birds, with Action Parties and tens of thousands of messages to our elected leaders advocating for bird-friendly laws and regulations
How Does It Work?
- Place your order. Select an amount to be charged monthly that works best for you.
- We put your money to work. Every calendar quarter we aggregate the dollars of all Save the Birds subscribers and make the promised purchases.
- Get an eco-certificate and verification. Every month, we’ll email you an eco-friendly digital certificate along with a summary of your impact. We’ll also include a link to our latest certification from GreenCircle Certified, a leading green certifier that audits our books quarterly to verify and certify that we made the promised purchases on your behalf. You can see our latest certification here.
What Else to Know
- Your monthly subscription may be canceled at any time.
- You can receive a full refund for your first monthly charge provided you request it within 30 days of placing your order.
- Save the Bird subscription dollars are not tax-deductible.
- Our Save the Birds subscription service is among our family of Planet-Saving Subscriptions, including our flagship Planet-Saving Subscription, Save the Bees, and Save the Oceans. Our Planet-Saving subscriptions are one of the easiest ways to make a difference for yourself and the planet.